Version 0.9.9.46 (Documentation Bugs and Problems)

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 06:40 (1504 days ago)

Hey all,

I just pushed the binary and source downloads for 0.9.9.46. I have made a lot of changes and I hope it all works (crossed fingers, crossed eyes) :)

* The stamp rotation issue is fixed.

* All BASIC256 math statements now use c++ DOUBLES for calculations. The problems with integers becoming a twos compliment negative when exceeding 2.~e9 should be fixed. Large numbers in the range of +-1.7e+-308 should work now.

* Now that everything to the user is a double, scientific 'e' notation has also been added to the language. In this change I removed the DECIMAL statement as it made the code really complex.

* Line numbers in the editor and the current line being highlighted was also recently added.

* A couple of little memory leaks were identified in 0.9.9.42,3.

* Radix conversions tohex, fromhex, tobinary, frombinary, tooctal, fromoctal, and generic toradix, fromradix functions were also added to do type conversions.

Lots of stuff, lots of stuff to break. If you have ANY code that did work in previous versions that does not work now - LET ME KNOW.

I need to push this to 1.0 and slow down on the features so that I can get the second edition of my book written over the spring and summer. Test this really hard.

Let me know.
Jim

Version 0.9.9.46

by lrcvs, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 07:47 (1504 days ago) @ Jim

Hi, Jim:

Now "Stamp" works well.

New features:
Alert, Confirm, FromBinary, FromHex, Fromoctal, Fromradix .... Tobinary ... are not the support / help in English.

Only in Language documentation.

Regards

Version 0.9.9.46

by lrcvs, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 08:46 (1504 days ago) @ Jim

Hi, Jim:

Some suggestions for the editor:

When you create a list of program, you do not need to see the text window and viewport while removing the space program edit window.

Each window should have its button on the main toolbar to show or hide.

I think it is also possible to improve the graphics window:

The drawing, not automatically resized, always stays in the larger, should be adjusted to the size requested by "graphsize", now adjusts itself automatically.

Demostration:

CLS : CLG
FOR N = 1000 TO 100 STEP - 100
GRAPHSIZE N,N
RECT 0,0,N,N
NEXT N
END

Version 0.9.9.46

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Monday, February 11, 2013, 04:42 (1503 days ago) @ lrcvs

mmm. Let me think about that. The widget (container) size is handled by the QT library and is automatic. I have not looked into how to make that work that way. I will think about that.

To add the window view to the toolbar would be a simple change but I need icons to represent the three areas and I can not think of good ones. Get me 24x24 SVG or PNG icons that make sense and I will add them to the toolbar.

Jim

RSS Feed of thread