0.9.9.32 - mostly fixes to make much more stable (Documentation Bugs and Problems)

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 19:32 (1562 days ago)

Hey all,

I have been working a lot with sprites and have found several issues with them. Memory leaks would no allow complex sprite programs to run for long. Those have been patched.

Some variable errors would throw NULL pointer faults:
dim p(10)
print p
These have been addresses.

The variable watch window in debug mode now works correctly and displays 1d/2d arrays correctly. It still gets a little confused in subroutine calls but I am thinking about that.

Added the VERSION() function to return the BASIC256 runtime version we are currently at 90932.

Update the QT library on the Windows installer to 4.8.4. Am looking at QT 5.0 but it is still in early production and some of the tools (mingw build) are not quite there yet.

And the big one: Sprites and IMGLOAD do not seg-fault on Windows XP. It seems that QT requires a stack alignment hack on XP. So now EVERYTHING is working on XP/Vista/& 7. Don't have 8 to test.

Let me know how this works for you.

Jim

0.9.9.32 - mostly fixes to make much more stable

by M Santos, Monday, January 14, 2013, 20:36 (1561 days ago) @ Jim

The problems with sprites I was having in Windows 8 have been solveved

0.9.9.32 - mostly fixes to make much more stable

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 02:50 (1560 days ago) @ M Santos

Whoo-hoo! Glad to know I got that one.

In the future if anybody has a fault (the program crashes) or locks up or just will not run, Post the code and describe what is happening. I now have debugging environments on XP, Vista, 7, and Ubuntu 12.4LTS. I can fix it if I can make it happen. :)

Input Error

by Andrew360 @, Friday, January 18, 2013, 14:11 (1557 days ago) @ Jim

Stop the program while executing an input, then type into the input field and press enter. After doing this you will not be able to run the program, although you can do anything else. You have to close and re-open Basic.

Input Error

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 03:54 (1556 days ago) @ Andrew360

Andrew, Thanks for reporting that one. I have it fixed in 0.9.9.35 under LINUX and need to move to Windows to make sure I have it. It will be in the next binary release.

RSS Feed of thread