Version 0.9.9.28 (Documentation Bugs and Problems)

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 02:51 (1606 days ago)

School is about to start for me and the updates are going to slow down. I just upload 0.9.9.28 windows installer to sourceforge and it has A TON of changes.

Basically lots of enhancements to the graphics including being able to set fill color of shapes and transparency of drawing

1) fix to sprites - bug releases 0.9.9.25
2) deprecated "color r,g,b" and display a warning message when used
-- replace with "color rgb(r,g,b)"
3) added second optional argument to color - "color pencolor, brushcolor"
-- pen is outline color of shapes, lines, text, and plot
-- brush is fill color of shapes
-- if only one one color is specified then both are same color so out old programs still work
-- if both are "clear" it erases everything under the shape
-- on a filled shape if pen is not clear and brush is clear then outline only
4) added penwidth to change the width of a shapes outline and the with of an arc/line
5) added getpenwidth and getbrushcolor functions to get values from 3 and 4
6) changed color constants (including clear) to 32 bit ARGB values
-- 0xAARRGGBB
7) added forth argument to RGB to allow alpha to be set "color RGB(r,g,b,a), RGB(r,g,b,a)"

These changes should effect your existing programs little but give quite a big boost to the graphics and language. Play with Alpha (transparency) you will like it.

NOW FOR A BIG ONE. On the view menu you may now show "Graphics Window Grid Lines" that draw a grid with points on it UNDER your graphics output. This should become favorite tool for you and your students.

One bug I am having a hard time figuring out is the IMGLOAD and SPRITE rotation and scaling only in Windows XP. It works everywhere else.

The on-line English docs have been mostly updated and examples of the pen and transparency have been added. Let me know what you think.

Version 0.9.9.28

by UglyMike ⌂ @, Brussels, Sunday, January 06, 2013, 12:03 (1605 days ago) @ Jim
edited by UglyMike, Sunday, January 06, 2013, 12:34

Sounds like a seriously great upgrade, Jim!!

I'm currently working on a new Basic-256 project (biggest yet...) These changes will certainly come in handy for several elements. The downside of course is a lot of rewriting... but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

A request/proposal.... Currently STAMP will only stamp a polygon based on an array of polygon coordinates. Splices/sprites can take a freeform image and move it around, make it visible/invisible etc. I would like the option to "stamp" a sprite so I end up with a sprite and a bitmap image of this sprite on several places on the graphical screen. Maybe something you can consider?

Version 0.9.9.28

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Sunday, January 06, 2013, 20:53 (1604 days ago) @ UglyMike

Mike,

I actually wrote a simple BASIC256 subroutine to do that a few days ago. I have thought of adding it to the language but for now why don't you use this.

http://doc.basic256.org/doku.php?id=graphicsutilitiesstamp2sprite

Jim

RSS Feed of thread