unrun batch step (Language Help)

by DickStomp2 @, NL- SASSENHEIM, Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 12:51 (715 days ago)

I use BASH files to run subsequent BASIC256 programs in a batch-job.
The programs are start with "BASIC256 -r something.kbs" .
That works fine.
But because the program is running in the 'front' I need to remove it with Alt+F4 to give the BASH-job the possibility to start the next step.
How can I 'unrun' BASIC256 in the batch-job??
Perhaps with "BASIC256 -stop" ??

--
Linux Ubuntu 14; MicroSof free... since 2006!

unrun batch step

by DickStomp2 @, NL- SASSENHEIM, Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 13:09 (715 days ago) @ DickStomp2

No, "BASIC256 -stop" will not work! Because in the previous step END stops the excuting of BASIC256 but it is still active.
Perhaps "BASIC256 -r -clear prog.kbs" will help?

--
Linux Ubuntu 14; MicroSof free... since 2006!

unrun batch step

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Saturday, January 02, 2016, 03:12 (712 days ago) @ DickStomp2

The problem is that once you run the statement it becomes a LINUX process with a process number and the new BASIC256 statement would be a different process.

You meed to look at "ps" to get a list of process numbers "ps ax | grep programname.kbs" and then "kill" to kill a process number. Not pretty and not easy but if you search the LINUX forums you should be able to find the insanity.

Jim

unrun batch step BASIC256

by DickStomp ⌂ @, Europe Netherlands Sassenheim, Friday, February 17, 2017, 21:51 (299 days ago) @ Jim

Dear Jim,

I started a new thread for this case; for the third time with a new logon and password despite the perfect LastPass program I use... There's something rotten in the state of Denmark... (Shakespeare)

Nevertheless, when I can achieve the JobNumber within BASIC256 then I can BASIC256 kill itself at the end of the job!?

I'll try and keep you informed!

Regards,
Dick

--
it must be possible...

RSS Feed of thread