android port in the works (New Features)

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 03:39 (1418 days ago)

Hey everybody,

been hard at work here over the Holiday and have a mostly working port to Android on my Nexus 7. Still I'll early alpha but it mostly works. UI needs a lot of rewriting but it should be out for a preview soon.

Jim

android port in the works

by UglyMike ⌂ @, Brussels, Wednesday, January 01, 2014, 21:22 (1417 days ago) @ Jim

Goody!! I just got my Note 3! It should have the oomph to run this, I hope. Can't wait. It has been a bit quite here... I'm still plugging away at Basic Paint 2.0, but I'm getting into more and more issues with my spagetti code... I'm also easily distracted into coding one or other small graphical toy... Oh yes, by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

by mva1985, Thursday, January 02, 2014, 05:59 (1416 days ago) @ Jim

Sweet looking forward to it

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Sunday, January 05, 2014, 22:27 (1413 days ago) @ Jim

It is working mostly with QT 5.2.0 on my Nexus 7 (graphics, TTS, Database, Networking). There are a bunch of problems with QT at this point, especially with the QTextEdit. These QT issues make it virtually un-usable to edit or maintain code or to do input from the keyboard to your running program.

The source release 1.0.0.7 (just pushed to Sourceforge) includes a qmake file for the Android and the support files to build the APK file. Once the next QT release comes out I will try again.

Jim

RSS Feed of thread