Version 0.9.9.72 - SVN only - Binary Release Very Soon (Release Announcements)

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 06:32 (1294 days ago)

Hey everybody,

I have been busy working on a second version of my book and getting BASIC-256 totally ready for 1.0.0. I have added functionality that many have told me was required for 1.0. I am going to list these changes:

1) added SPRITEPOLY t0 create a sprite from a polygon
2) added TEXTHEIGHT() to return the height in pixels of font
3) printing (to printer and PDF) support with PRINTERON, PRINTEROFF, PRINTERPAGE, and PRINTERCANCEL statements.

There may be a few very minor bug fixes in the next several weeks but I do not see the need to do much more, at this point. these changes have been posted to the documentation doc.basic256.org and I will get a binary installer out in the next few days.

Help me test it.

Jim

Version 0.9.9.72 - SVN only - Binary Release Very Soon

by Jim ⌂ @, Russell, KY, Monday, November 11, 2013, 04:37 (1293 days ago) @ Jim

I am trying to move the build to use the QT5.1.1 with the MINGW 4.8 compiler. I have ran into quite a snag with the old Microsoft SAPI 5.1 library and the .h files. Tried to make subtle changes to eliminate the conflicts but am at a loss.

Have found a work around to use the "eSpeak" library but it requires a fancy install that will break the portable version. I was hoping for an installer by tonight but it will take a few extra days to figure this one out.

Jim

RSS Feed of thread